Comment on page
Bluetooth pairing guide
Users who are experiencing issues when trying to set up BlueTooth pairing with the AutoPi should follow the diagnostic guide below.
The checkboxes below will need to be completed before the BlueTooth flow will start
- I have plugged my AutoPi device into the OBD2 port and I have waited at least 30 seconds for the device to fully power on I can confirm I see a solid blue light and a blinking green light.
- I have launched the DIMO mobile app and logged into my account. I am on the home screen and I can see my vehicle (assuming I already added one). I see an orange banner asking me to complete the pairing process.
- I have successfully matched all of my wallet-connect sessions and I have advanced to the BlueTooth pairing steps.
- If you've connected to the DIMO device already during the pairing flow and had an issue where you had to restart the flow and you now your app can no longer find the DIMO device during pairing.
- Go to your phone's settings, BlueTooth, and forget the device.
- Return to the DIMO app and retry pairing.
- I have started the BlueTooth pairing flow and I see other BlueTooth devices (i.e TV, watch, headphones, fridge, etc.) but I can't find the AutoPi.
Found bluetooth devices but no DIMO
- DO NOT leave the BlueTooth pairing screen on the DIMO mobile app.
- Unplug the device and plug it back in, and wait for the device to fully boot (it takes 30 seconds, wait until I see a solid blue light and flashing green light)
- Hit the retry button in the DIMO mobile app.
- (iPhone) If your DIMO mobile app can't find any BlueTooth devices, go into your iPhone settings, scroll down or search for the DIMO Mobile app, click on it and verify that BlueTooth permissions are enabled.
- (Android) If your DIMO mobile app can't find any BlueTooth devices, go into your Androids settings, scroll down to apps, DIMO Mobile, or search for the DIMO Mobile, click on it and verify that BlueTooth permissions are enabled.
In settings, verify DIMO has permission to access Bluetooth.